Monday, February 1, 2010

Group Therapy

So we're trying something new here!  It's a blog about... my relationship with my significant other, I guess?  And hopefully yours, too!  Please talk to me.  Otherwise I might as well just keep a List of Grievances Against Jim journal under my mattress and be done with it.

I got the idea from the enthusiastic comment sections a few weeks ago, when I posted about a specific relationship issue that Jim and I were having.  In fact, maybe it WAS Jim's idea...  Hmm.  (Next marital issue: taking credit for the other's ideas.)  Anyways, I was kind of surprised, because  I sometimes worry, like most bloggers do, about whether my honesty crosses the line into exploitation.  I had been wondering if he would find the specific content of those posts erring on the side of Too Much Information, but in fact, he kind of liked the ability to consider the subject through the eyes of commenters.  We both noticed that everyone seemed able to relate, and eager to compare notes.

So I guess that's what the purpose of this site will be, if you all are on board with the idea.  I'll try to post a discussion topic at least once a week- most likely taken from a recent experience in my own relationship-  and then get a good comment thread going, and hopefully we'll get some suggestions/guest posts from you all, too.  Like I said above, anything goes, we're just looking for honest dialogue here.  It's free group therapy, because in these Troubling Economic Times, who can afford to pay for it?  Or a divorce, for that matter?  Come here instead!

16 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I'm very excited to see how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Can't wait to see more and maybe learn a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You can bet I'll check in regularly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Totally feel guilty bitching about my spouse on my site--now I can do it on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! :) I have to keep my dirty laundry under wraps on my site, for the most part. SO here I come.

    (By the way... definitely don't really do Valentine's Day... no option for that on the poll... I expect presents ALL year. KIDDING! KIdding!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a great idea! Our family and friends read my blog, so I have a strict No Husband Bashing/Venting policy. However, that doesn't mean that I don't want to Bash the living hell out of him sometimes. I'm so glad to have a safe place to do it with women who understand that while he may be a jackass sometimes, he's still MY jackass and I love him.

    ReplyDelete